- 200 grams chira / poha (Flattened rice flakes)
- 1 large potato
- 1 large onion (peel and chopped)
- Hand full of frozen green peas (boiled)
- 1-2 green chilies (chopped)
- Hand full of roasted peanut
- 1/4 tsp. black mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp. asafoetida
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves (chopped)
- 11/4 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- Salt to taste
Wash chira and drain the water immediately. Then put it into a colander and keep aside.
Peel the potato and cut into julienne. Wash the potato well and put into a strainer.
Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and peanut, fry it for a minute.
After that add chopped onion and stir it for a minute. Then add potatoes, boiled green peas and chopped green chilies along with a little salt and turmeric powder. Stir and fry for 3-5 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
Now add chira, turmeric powder, salt and sugar. Mix it well and fry for 2 minutes on low heat.
Add chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice. Stir and cook it for 1 minute.
Remove from heat and pour into a serving bowl.
Now Aloo Poha is ready to serve. Serve hot as a breakfast.